Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 5- Fourth Portoflio

..in the Box"
"Jack...
 For this week's blog entry, I have created a diptych, two images that are meant to be viewed side-by-side, typically attached to each other by a hinge. Since they are usually
viewed from left to right, I have arranged the two images as you see here. 







                                                This pair of images portrays 
Pincher showing off his new Jack-in-the Box to his buddy, Poker, or, as Jack calls him, Dinner.

   These images were created in my usual medium of paper and pencil, and outline with black marker. I originally had intended Poker mishandling a crossbow and accidently shooting Pincher in the head with an arrow, but I found that a crossbow would be too difficult to draw.


    I designed these works to be viewed from left to right, as I described above, with the eyes following Jack-in-the Box's spring from the box to its head. In addition, the smirk on Pincher's face indicates that he intended for this to happen, the twisted look in the clown 's eyes indicates a ravenous, feral hunger, and Poker's body dangling from Jacks mouth looks as if Poker has been killed and has gone stiff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment