Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 4-Third Portfolio

 This week, on the heels of the world of superheros and villains, and since  I figured that since most villains are monsters, I would find it suitable to follow my previous drawings up with a drawing of a pair of monsters.

Need a Hand?

These two creeps are Pincher and Poker, two gremlins with the uncanny ability to remove their body parts at will. I first drew them in high school when I was doodling in my notebook. It was the Halloween season, so I had ghosts and ghouls running through my mind.

   As with the the rest of my drawings, this one was created primarily with paper and pencil. For this drawing, however, I decided to outline them in pen to give them an appearance similar to cartoons of the 1950's. Not to mention, it makes them stand out against the paper.

What I feel should be most noticeable in this cartoon should be the dialogue. Since it is at the top of the picture in big letters, I feel it would be what captures the viewer's eye. What should also be easily noticed is P and P's burlap bag shirts, which would suggest that they lead quite feral lives, living in dark alleys and under bridges. Finally, the third thing to be noticed should be their facial expressions and the positions they are drawn in, which is telling that they aren't exactly all there.











No comments:

Post a Comment