Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 6- Fifth Portoflio

To begin with, I have decided to title my series as "Pencil People", since they are drawn with pencil and are mostly figure drawings.

 What I have done for this week are drawings drawn on different surfaces than what I usually draw on, such as cardboard....

Pick a Card

...mathematics paper...
Blockbot

...and post-it notes.
Mailbox Beast


I have chosen to go into detail on the post-it note drawing since it seems to me to be the most unusual among the ones I have done. 

I attempted to create the picture by sticking the notes to each other, but because they would not stick well, I chose to tape them together. I also taped over any part of the notes that had glue on them so that I would not risk making the picture look ugly. The actual drawing process was much more simple, since the tape was easier to draw over, and to erase markings from, than I thought it would be. I chose to draw something involving a mailbox as a play on words; that is, "post".  

What I have drawn here is a mailbox with a reptilian monster dwelling within, who has apparently just finished off dining on a mailman, whose bones lie beneath the mailbox. The monster peeks out of the box, his clawed hands opening the cover ever so slightly; his eyes mere spots of lights within the dark box; and his scaly dragonlike tail dangling from out of the box.


What should be especially noticeable at first glace should be the creature's claws gripping the cover of the box, his tail dangling out, and his staring eyes. The second most noticeable thing should be the bones of the unfortunate postman, the hat still on his fleshless skull. Finally, the last thing you should notice should be the droplets of blood on the cover of the mailbox, indicating that the postman's fate was a messy one.  






No comments:

Post a Comment