Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 11-10th Portfolio

I was assigned this week to create a piece that featured numbers in it, so I came up with this piece:
Multiplying...
   I created this, as usual with pencil and paper, and colored and outlined it with colored pencil. I came up with the image when I figured that the piece needn't be specifically about numbers, but just have numbers in it. When I think of numbers, I usually think of math. Thus, multiplying, which I worked into a visual pun: "multiplying like rabbits". However, as some of my peers suggested, I included some more rabbits in the background to have it make sense a bit more.

  What I have created here is a brown-furred, blue-eyed rabbit puzzling over a scoll with a near-impossible multiplication formula. He holds a pencil in one paw as question marks swirl about his long-eared head like flies on a summer day.

  What should be noticeable first in this piece should be, I think, the equation that the rabbit is working on. I did used a calculator to perform the equation and wrote down my calculations as I went along, for the sake of accuracy. The next thing to notice should be the expression on the hare's face, which suggest concern or befuddlement. While the viewer looks over these details,  they will probably notice the third element: the pun. Get it? Multiplying like rabbits? Tee-hee-hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment